Mahwah, N.J. — Sharp implemented a series of price cuts to select Aquos LCD TVs, effective Oct. 5, but the manufacturer said the moves were planned to keep step with competitors and not forced by current economic conditions.
Bob Scaglione, Sharp Electronics product and marketing group manager and senior VP, said his company adjusted prices to models across the Aquos LCD TV line on Oct 5, but those were moves planned well in advance.
“This was not a reaction to recent conditions,” Scaglione told TWICE. “One contributor to the price moves was the aggressive nature of the competition. There are always price moves during the holiday season but we haven't modified those plans as of yet. Our sales are still at a position where we feel comfortable moving into the holidays.”
Models receiving adjustments and their suggested retail prices are as follows (actual street retails could be lower in stores):
- LC-65SE94U — went from $8,499 to $7,499
- LC-52SE94U — went from $3,199 to $3,099
- LC-46SE94U — went from $2,499 to $2,399
- LC-42D85U — went from $1,899 to $1,799
- LC-42D65U — went from $1,599 to $1,499
- LC-37D64U — went from $1,299 to $1,199
- LC-37D44U — went from $1,299 to $1,099.