Hoffman Estates, Ill. - Sears will hold a CE sale next week that's timed to tap into consumers' tax refunds.
Refunds are expected to top $3,000 on average, according to IRS statistics, allowing consumers to "finally be able to make those long-awaited purchases on the latest, must-have items, such as electronics," the retailer said.
The "Sears Days" promotion will run April 3-9 and will provide discounts on TVs, HTiBs, cameras, netbooks, gaming hardware and GPS devices.
Sale items will include:
- a Samsung 55-inch 3D-ready smart LED TVfor $2,000, a $1,300 discount;
- a Panasonic 5.1-channel 1,000-watt 3D home theater system for $400 with free copy of "Avatar 3D";
- a Nikon D3100 d-SLR camera and 55-200mm VR lens bundle for $750, a $200 discount;
- a Toshiba Mini 10.1-inch netbook for $280, a savings of $20; and
- a PSP 3000 core system for $130, a savings of $40.
Other inducements include no-interest financing for 36 months on Panasonic TVs more than $719, plus Sears' standard purchase options, which include layaway, in-store pickup of online purchases, and TV and home-theater installation.