Fort Worth, Texas - RadioShack has joined the roster of retailers extending Black Friday with pre-Thanksgiving sales.
The 4,600-store chain said it will offer early deals on select products between Sunday, Nov. 21, and Wednesday, Nov. 24. Sales, both in-store and online, include a $50 savings on Samsung's Galaxy Tab for Sprint, which will retail for $350, plus many items priced under $100.
"By offering hot prices ahead of Shack Friday, we have tried to ease the frustration of holiday shopping this season," said executive VP and chief merchandising officer Scott Young.
Other pre-Thanksgiving sales will include:
- $30 off the Boost Motorola Clutch i465, sale price $40;
- $100 off select 19-inch or larger in-store TVs with a two-year DISH Network subscription;
- $100 off a 19-inch Auvio LCD TV, sale price $100;
- $30 off a 3.5-inch Auvio pocket TV, sale price $70; and
- $70 off theGarmin Nuvi 1300 with 4.3-inch screen, for $170.
Most RadioShack locations will open from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Nov. 21, and 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. through Nov. 24. Stores will open at 5:30 a.m. on Black Friday and will have extended holiday hours beginning Saturday, Dec. 4.
Other national chains including Sears, Amazon.com, Best Buy, Target and Walmart have also launched pre-Thanksgiving CE sales and/or free-shipping offers this month to help draw traffic and extend the holiday selling season.