LatinChannels, the retail show for Latin America, will visit Puerto Rico, October 1-5 at the new Westin Rio Mar Beach Resort, hosting over 100 buyers from eight top Latin American countries and more than 100 vendors who will feature the latest in consumer electronics and computer products.
In addition to boardroom presentations, vendors can take a Marketplace Latin America suite to demonstrate products, hold channel meetings, close business, and provide hospitality during the two Marketplace segments per day of this show.
TWICE has signed on as the exclusive U.S. publishing partner for the show. "LatinChannels is the best opportunity for U.S.-based CE and IT manufacturers to establish relationships with both the distribution players and the retail buyers from Latin America," said TWICE publisher Marcia Grand.
Ken Richard, president of LatinChannels, explained, "The show has no competition. The trade-show model of building booths and devoting enormous resources just to filter through thousands of useless leads doesn't provide the ROI that this type of direct business-to-business event creates. Like RetailVision in the United States, LatinChannels guarantees access to the key market buyers."
The in-country channel press scheduled to attend include Reseller Magazine (Argentina), Channel News (Chile), Informatica Hoje (Brazil), InfoChannels (Mexico), Mayoristas y Mercados (Uruguay) and Sistemas (Paraguay). Also invited are the regional newspapers from these countries, Business Week Mexico, Intranet TV/Bloomberg (pan-Latin America), Reuters News Service, and IDG News Service.
LatinChannels' highlights will include:
- Buyers from 50 distributors including Ingram, Tech Data and CHS, as well as the top in-country players.
- Buyers from 40 retailers including Office Depot, OfficeMax, RadioShack, Carrefour, Grupo Casino, Blockbuster and Musimundo.
- Roadmap seminar series' talks by Dun & Bradstreet personnel on "Credit and Collections in Latin America."
- Gartner Group/Dataquest will document the 1999 boom in CE and IT sales following the Brazilian devaluation.
- Andre Vanyi-Robin, president of Visualcom, will discuss implementing Internet strategies in Latin America.
- Visualcom will also webcast the seminars and some of the boardroom presentations live to the channel VARs, integrators and retailers.
- Lucent Technologies is joining Xircom in sponsoring the Friday-night welcome reception
- And the Monday-night "Y2K Bet Your Last Nickel" party with the Best of LatinChannels awards, takes place at the Ritz-Carlton Casino in San Juan.
For more information on LatinChannels call (888) 452-8467 or (510) 433-5957. Or visit www.latinchannels.com.