Tempe, Ariz. — HDTV supplier Syntax-Brillian said it has renewed and expanded its advertising plans for the Olevia brand with ESPN.
The effort will extend “throughout ESPN’s media properties including television, radio, print, event and online outlets,” Syntax-Brillian said.
A portion of the campaign is set to begin in this month and will run through August 2008.
Olevia began advertising on a variety of ESPN properties, including TV networks ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN HD, ESPN2 HD and ESPNews as well as ESPN Radio, ESPN.com, and ESPN The Magazine, beginning in September 2006.
“Under the renewed agreement, Olevia will continue to be featured on these properties and build on that presence with expanded advertising and marketing efforts,” a statement from the company said.
Olevia will be featured via sponsorships of Spanish-language outlet ESPN Deportes and on-site sponsorships of ESPN events and broadcasts, including the network’s College GameDay tour and the network’s coverage of the Major League Baseball All-Star Game and Super Bowl.
Additionally, Syntax-Brillian has secured the rights to integrate the ESPN HD logo marks as well as exclusive ESPN HD content for co-branded, in-store advertising and promotional purposes through 2008.
Olevia spots will appear over a range of high-profile sporting events including the National Football League, Major League Baseball and NCAA football and basketball, as well as ESPN’s signature sports news and information program SportsCenter.
Syntax-Brillian said the advertising will reach approximately 121 million people in the U.S. “watching, reading, surfing or listening to ESPN media properties each week.”
“Our ongoing marketing relationship with ESPN has led to an explosion in brand awareness, consumer acceptance of Olevia and consumer propensity to purchase,” said Hope Frank, Syntax-Brillain chief marketing officer. “We have truly been able to elevate Olevia to a tier-one level of exposure and prestige thanks to the iconic power of the ESPN brand, the access that they’ve given us to world-class programming and events as well as their superb execution of our marketing program.”
Segments of the Olevia ESPN campaign include the following:
- Olevia will be featured in television commercials April 2007 – August 2008;
- Olevia will be a featured sponsor of ESPN HD from April through June 2007 and resuming in October through June 2008;
- Olevia will be a presenting sponsor of Esta Noche, ESPN Deportes’ Monday Night Football pre-game show;
- Olevia will sponsor the Weekly Top 10 Plays feature in ESPN Deportes’ Sportscenter; and
- Olevia will continue as the featured sponsor of ESPN’s Full Court college basketball pay-per-view package and will also sponsor ESPN’s GamePlan college football pay-per-view package
Segments of the ESPN Radio campaign include:
On ESPN Radio, Olevia will be featured on in-show sponsorships of Mike & Mike in the Morning and The Dan Patrick Show throughout Spring 2007 through 2008; and will be featured at on-site sponsorships of ESPN Radio broadcasts of the College GameDay tour, 2007 Major League Baseball All-Star Game in San Francisco and 2008 Super Bowl in Glendale, Ariz.;
In ESPN The Magazine:
- Olevia will be featured in multiple issues of the award-winning ESPN The Magazine;
- Olevia will be the official HDTV sponsor of ESPN The Magazine’s NEXT event at the 2008 Super Bowl in Glendale, Arizona
- Olevia will be featured on ESPN.com throughout Spring 2007, resuming in Fall 2007 through August 2008; and
During the NCAA Men’s Basketball tournament season, Olevia will sponsor individual NCAA men’s college basketball team pages.