Delray Beach, Fla. — Office Depot is offering Tech Depot Services, a PC support and network installation service.
Tech Depot Services is intended to provide electonics consumers a one-stop shop for a wide variety of services, including PC tune-ups and repairs, wireless network installation, new software installation, TV installation, and even setting up a data protection and backup plan for critical files.
All repairs and installations are completed by professional technicians, with services being performed either in an Office Depot store, remotely through a secure Internet connection with the customer or on-site at a customer’s home or office, depending upon the service.
To help promote the plan during its national rollout, Office Depot is inviting customers to bring their PC into any Office Depot retail location from Oct. 5-25, 2008, and the Tech Depot Services team will perform a free PC Health Check. If the PC Health Check determines that the PC needs a tune-up, virus removal, or diagnostic and repair, Office Depot will perform the service for a 50 percent discount during the promotional period.
“Many small businesses simply don’t have the resources to handle all of their IT needs in-house,” said Randy Wick, merchandising VP for Office Depot. “Tech Depot Services is a reliable and cost-effective solution that will provide small businesses with the IT support that they need at a price that they can afford.”
Tech Depot Services includes, but is not limited to, the following:
· Protection and Performance: The Protection & Performance service installs, updates and configures McAfee Virus Scan Plus and enhances operating systems to provide increased data security. Additionally, unwanted programs are removed to help speed up computer performance.
· Diagnostic and Repair: The Diagnostic and Repair service determines what type of computer problem(s) a user is experiencing and fixes non-hardware problems, including removal of viruses.
· Software Installation: Installation of a single title or suite of software.
· PC Tune Up: Reviews and helps optimize more than 100 settings on a PC in an effort to improve speed and performance of the system.
· Data Protection: The Data Protection service installs software on a computer and creates an automated backup plan for use with a secondary drive. The plan defines the applicable data for backup as well as schedules a convenient time to run the backup on a regular basis.
· Network Installation: A technician will arrive at a customer’s home or office and install a wireless router, set up a secure network, and connect two PCs or a single PC and one other device to communicate wirelessly.