Port Washington, N.Y.-
has launched a new
for the consumer electronics industry.
The new tracker, which surveys consumers from NPD's
of nearly 2 million participants, offers the most comprehensive market research on consumer behavior and attitudes.
NPD's new consumer tracker delivers a detailed view of the CE industry with:
- improved survey and sampling methodology with increased transaction counts;
- total market estimates aligned with NPD's point-of-sale data;
- 30-day recall to ensure more timely and accurate responses from consumers;
- monthly data points to clearly understand the evolving CE market:
- new categories, services and measures such as e-readers, tablets, warranties, draw/close rates and enhanced purchase motivators.
"NPD's new consumer tracker is positioned to give our clients a more precise picture of the consumer electronics market," said Dennis Brown, group president at NPD. "With NPD's consumer data clients will be able to better understand the purchase process, the why behind the buy, and retailer performance -- all of which will enable our clients to execute strategic planning and tactical decision making."