City of Industry, Calif. — Newegg.com has launched a “Man Cave Madness” sweepstakes that’s tied to the start of the NCAA basketball tournament, a key TV selling period.
The sweepstakes features more than $30,000 in gifts, including a $10,000 grand-prize home entertainment center that consists of a 55-inch LG smart LED TV, a Polk 5.1 speaker system, an Onkyo network receiver, Asus Taichi 21-DH71 convertible Ultrabook and Sony PlayStation3 “Assassin’s Creed 3” bundle.
As part of the promotion, Newegg surveyed 3,471 consumers on the nature of their “man caves,” or private entertainment areas within their homes. Among the findings:
- Fifty-four percent currently have a man cave.
- The top four “must-have” items for the space are a flat-screen TV (84 percent), surround-sound system (72 percent), computer (69 percent) and video games (61 percent).
- Eight-nine percent said they would welcome the opposite sex in their man cave.
- Asked what special guest they would most like to visit their man cave, 26 percent said “a supermodel,” followed by “tech guru” at 23 percent.
- Thirty-two percent said they would choose a night in their man cave over a date with their significant other.
“The Big Dance [the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship] is the perfect reason to get together and watch the games in a properly decked out man cave,” said Newegg audience acquisition VP Jacob Shin. “We’re … excited to give our customers the chance to win some great gadgets this year with our ‘Man Cave Madness’ sweepstakes.”
Additional prizes include such man-cave fare as a foldable poker table, popcorn machine, mini kegerator and electronic dart board, as well as weekly giveaways of a Samsung Series 9 13.3-inch Ultrabook. The sweepstakes runs now through May 5 at Newegg.com/Win.