Lombard, Ill. — The North American Retailers Dealers Association (NARDA) has elected Leon Barbachano, CEO of Anchorage-based retailer Allen & Peterson Cooking & Appliance Center, as the chairman of its board of directors for 2006/2007.
NARDA is a not-for-profit trade organization with members throughout North America which boast a combined $11 billion in annual sales. The organization provides education, information and other services targeted to its members (primarily independent retailers and servicers of appliances, consumer electronics and more) to maintain a competitive edge in the modern retail environment.
“I am very pleased to have the opportunity to serve as NARDA Chairman,” said Barbachano. “We are going to have a very busy fourth quarter at NARDA. We’ll relocate NARDA’s headquarters within the Chicago area, install a new MIS system and have formed two new committees which will focus on governance and working with the buying groups We’ll launch new programs including NARDAsavings.com and the VISION Program”
In addition to Barbachano, NARDA’s officers and executive committee for 2006/2007 are:
- Past chairman, Michael Fishcher (Nielsen’s, Spencer, Iowa)
- First vice-chairman, Timothy Seavey (Seavey’s Furniture & Appliance, Windham, Maine)
- Second vice-chairman, David Pia (Associated Appliance & Service Company, Stamford, Conn.)
- Secretary, Michael Grimes (GH Home Furnishings, Charleston, Mo.)
- Treasurer, Robert Cremer (Aronson Home Gallery, Chicago)