Glenview, Ill. — The North American Retail Dealers Association (NARDA) and PARA (the Professional Audio-Video Retailer division of the Consumer Electronics Association), are joining forces to conduct an industrywide survey of independent dealers on the cost of doing business.
The survey, conducted by VERIS Consulting, is designed to present benchmarking information than can help retailers measure the success of their business based on certain key financial indicators, the trade groups said.
The study will compile fiscal year 2006 data from dealers across the country to provide insight into a wide range of business barometers, including:
- revenue and costs (total, as well as from specific categories such as home appliances, consumer electronics and furniture);
- revenue and costs related to installation/service/labor;
- advertising dollars;
- expenses such as taxes, rent/lease, accounting and legal, employee wages and benefits;
- assets, liabilities and equity;
- total extended warranty sales and costs;
- Web site activity; and
- challenges and opportunities
The report will sell for $250. Dealers who complete the Cost of Doing Business Survey questionnaire will receive a complimentary copy of the report after it is published this fall. Dealers wishing to participate can access the questionnaire online at http://secure2.verisconsulting.com/CODB/2006/.
NARDA, headquartered in Glenview, Ill., was established in 1943 “to provide the power of knowledge” to independent retailers and servicers through progressive education, information and services. Its members, comprised of independent dealers and servicers of major appliances, consumer electronics and furniture, represent more than 3,500 storefronts throughout North America and account for $11 billion in annual sales. For more information call (800) 621-0298 or visit www.narda.com.
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Watch List - May 23, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Consumer-Direct Sales Dominate The Charts - May 22, 2019
- 2019 TWICE Top 100: Best Buy Keeps The CE Crown, But Barely - May 21, 2019