Santa Clara, Calif. - Sonic Solutions released Thursday
, an HD-video-editing suite for capturing, editing and sharing personal home movies, including 3D HD projects.
For the new 3D capability, Sonic said the software will capture video directly from stereoscopic 3D cameras and/or automatically convert standard 2D content into 3D, so users can include existing standard home movies in their 3D video creations.
The Video Lab suite, which is available now at a $70 suggested retail, offers familiar video-editing tools including title creation, transitions and effects, for both 2D and 3D effects. The finished results can be exported in a range of formats, including the RealD Format for what Sonic calls cinematic-quality 3D.
Projects also can be uploaded and shared via YouTube in 3D.
Key new features include the following:
- 3D capture from stereoscopic cameras (such as the Fuji W1);
- ability to import 3D files in common 3D formats, including side-by-side, over-under, anaglyph, and dual stream; Roxio Video Lab HD supports all standard 2D photo and video file formats;
- simplified storyline editing, as well as advanced 32-track timeline editing views;
- editing tools including trimming, title creation, narration, music tracks and video correction;
- 3D transitions and special effects; and
- DVD and Blu-ray authoring.
Roxio Video Lab HD with 3D is Windows 7 compatible.