Secaucus, N.J. — Panasonic said Wednesday that it has reached a deal with rock guitar great Jeff Beck to promote the Lumix DMC-G1 digital interchangeable-lens camera along the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee’s current concert tour.
Through the deal, fans who bring their Panasonic DMC-G1 cameras to Beck’s live performances will have the opportunity to take photos at the event.
Photos taken with a G1 at the concerts can then be submitted to the “Best of the Tour” series. The best photos will be available for viewing on VieraCast of Facebook on a special link of the Panasonic G1/Concert Series, as well as www.jeffbeck.com.
The first 10 people who show up at a venue with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 camera will be identified with a special Panasonic VIP logo photo pass.
When they present their camera to a Panasonic rep, they will be given the pass, which allows them backstage access for an exclusive photo opportunity with Beck.
Panasonic will also raffle off two TZ5-class digital still cameras at each of the North American concerts, and winners will be given the chance to have their photos taken with Beck backstage.
Beck, who has been a rock icon for more than 40 years through his association with the Yard Birds, Rod Stewart, Jan Hammer and various iterations of the Jeff Beck Group, is a new inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo performer. He was already in the hall as a member of the Yard Birds.
Beck’s remaining U.S. tour dates are as follows:
- April 8, Philadelphia, Electric Factory;
- April 9 and 10, New York, the Fillmore NY @ Irving Plaza;
- April 11, Mashantucket in Connecticut, MGM Grand Theatre at Foxwoods;
- April 13, Boston, House of Blues;
- April 15, Cleveland, House of Blues;
- April 16 and 17, Chicago, Park West;
- April 18, Milwaukee, Turner Hall Ballroom;
- April 21 and 22, Los Angeles, El Rey; and
- April 23, Oakland, Calif., Fox Theater.