El Segundo, Calif. — DirecTV said it was voted the No. 1 multichannel video service provider among cable and satellite TV services in a recent poll of professional installers conducted by the Alliance Consulting Group.
The poll of more than 500 professional home theater installers across the country was conducted in December 2006.
The findings listed DirecTV tops in the following categories:
- Best picture quality: Installers surveyed chose DirecTV over cable by a 4-to-1 margin.
- Best overall television experience: Installers chose DirecTV over cable by a 2-to-1 margin.
- Best home theater experience on a high-definition system: Installers surveyed chose DirecTV over cable by a 3-to-1 margin.
- Best overall picture quality on a high-definition system: Installers chose DirecTV over cable by more than a 2-to-1 margin.
- Best home theater experience: Installers chose DirecTV over cable by a 3-to-1 margin.
“We’re honored that professional home-theatre installers — the ultimate authority in home entertainment — voted DirecTV’s picture quality to be the best in the business,” stated Paul Guyardo, DirecTV sales and marketing executive VP. “With millions of new HD televisions being purchased each year, it’s important that consumers understand that the television alone will not provide the crystal-clear picture quality they’re looking for. It’s what you plug into the back of that new TV that ultimately determines the quality of the picture and sound you actually experience — and an objective team of professional installers confirmed that for the best picture and performance, you’ve got to hook up your TV to DirecTV.”