New York - In the wake of Apple's
, iLuv and Scosche both announced lines of cases and screen protectors for the newest generation iPod Touch and Nano.
The iLuv cases will come in a wide range of protective materials with various color and graphics options.
Highlights of the line include:
- Two-piece soft polycarbonate cases with an enhanced front-edge protection grip. The two-piece design allows for easy docking, IiLuv said. The cases come in assorted colors for a suggested retail of $34.99 as well as in clear with a polyurethane-coated scratch-proof window for $29.99.
- One-piece Flexi-Clear and Flexi-Metallic rugged thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) cases: flexible shells available in tinted pink, tinted black or clear with a high-gloss design for $24.99; with a metallic sparkling appearance in metallic pink, titanium black or white pearl for $29.99; or with a high-gloss wavy "3D" pattern for $29.99, respectively.
- A one-piece silicone version with 3D pattern in black, white or pink for $19.99.
- Four clear screen-protection film SKUs will also debut, two for the new Touch and two for the new Nano, for $14.99, with anti-glare option at $17.99.
All new SKUs will ship this month.
"We are proud of our reputation for delivering stylish and unique products that allow users to express their individuality" said Howard Kim, iLuv's senior marketing manager. "We take pride in bringing fashionable accessories quickly to the market so that consumers don't have to wait."
Scosche took the wraps off six new designs for the Touch and two for the Nano, including a version of its KickBack case with an integrated kickstand for landscape video viewing on the fourth-gen iPod Touch. The KickBack t4 ($24.99) has a glossy polycarbonate exterior with a flexible impact-resistant rubber interior, and will be available in black, gray, and white with gray molding.
The SwitchKase t4 combo pack ($34.99) comes with the KickBack t4 and a smooth silicone skin with a removable sport armband.
The SwitchBack t4 ($29.99) come with one solid frame (black or white) and three interchangeable polycarbonate backs (blue, red, black and pink, purple, white). Each case features two smooth backs and one with a hinged kickstand for widescreen media viewing.
Other new cases include:
- the MetalliKase t4 ($19.99), a low-profile metallic polycarbonate case offered in chrome and dark metallic;
- the BeefKase t4 ($19.99), with a leather back and a polycarbonate;
- the TightGrip silicone case packs for the new Nano, offered in packs of three;
- the GlosSee ($19.99) flexible rubber cases for the Touch;
- the SoundKase n6 ($14.99), a sweat-proof silicone and neoprene armband case for the Nano; and
- three new screen protectors for the Touch: the SatinShield t4 ($12.99), two-pack of anti-glare screen protectors); ProFlect t4, ($17.99), a two-pack of mirrored screen protectors; and KlearCoat t4 ($12.99), a three-pack of ultra-clear protective films.