Hitachi Home Electronics (America) celebrated the delivery of its 1.5 UltraThin LCD TV series during its annual dealer show here last week.
Hitachi showed the line, which made its formal debut at CES in January.
The sets are marketed under the 1.5 trademark to denote the ultra-thin cabinet depth, which measures 1.5 inches. UltraThin models are available in four screen sizes 32, 37, 42 and 47 inches. To achieve the narrow cabinet depth, the sets incorporate a patented ventilation technology.
Hitachi revealed pricing, key feature sets and availability for 1.5 models in the Director’s series (X) with a two-year warranty and an optional Audio/Video Center and Ultra Vision (V) with a one-year warranty and an optional Audio/Video Center.
Director’s X Series models include the:
- 47-inch UT47X902, includes 120Hz Reel120 frame rate system, 1080p resolution (ships in September at a $4,699 suggested retail);
- 42-inch UT42X902, includes 120Hz Reel120 system, 1080p resolution (May, $3,699);
- 37-inch UT37X902, includes 120Hz Reel120 system, 1080p resolution (April, $2,999);
- 32-inch UT32X812, includes 120Hz Reel120 system, 768p resolution (August, $2,299); and
- 32-inch UT32X802, includes 60Hz frame rate, 768p (March, $1,999).
UltraVision V Series Models include:
- 47-inch UT47V702, includes 120Hz Reel120 frame rate, 1080p resolution (September, $4,499);
- 42-inch UT42V702, includes 120Hz Reel120 frame rate, 1080p resolution, (July, $3,499);
- 37-inch UT37V702, includes 120Hz Reel120 frame rate, 1080p resolution (July, $2,799);
- 32-inch UT32V502 & UT32V502W, both include 120Hz Reel120 frame rate, 768p resolution (August, $2,099); and
- 32-inch UT32A302 & UT32A302W, both include 60Hz frame rates, 768p resolution (August, $1,799).
The company also told dealers that that its new plasma TV line will be offered in high-gloss Japan black with high-gloss crystal frames and power swivel bases.