INDIANAPOLIS – Multiregional CE, majap and mattress chain h.h.gregg will hold a 10-day back-to-school sale on laptops, Samsung tablets, TVs and compact refrigerators.
The event, which starts July 25 and runs through Aug. 3, will also feature 12-month financing for qualified buyers.
Sales and special promotions include:
* A free Samsung 29-inch LED TV with the purchase of a 55-inch or 60-inch Samsung F6300 series smart TV
* Samsung’s 7-inch, 8GB Galaxy Tab3 for $200;
* a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Intel Celeron processor 1037U and 15.6-inch LED screen for $300;
* a Dell laptop with Intel Core i3-2350M processor and 15.6-inch widescreen HD LED display for $400;
* a 2.6-cubic-foot Energy Star-rated compact refrigerator for $100; and
* a Seiki 19-inch LED TV for $88.88.
h.h.gregg marketing senior VP Jeff Pearson noted that “Back-to-school shopping is starting earlier this year, and h.h.gregg is ready to help our customers pick the best computers and electronics for their needs.”
Analysts’ outlooks are mixed on the back-to-school season. Market research firm ShopperTrak is projecting a 4.3 percent increase in August retail sales thanks to renewed confidence among back-to-school shoppers, while a consumer survey by the National Retail Federation (NRF) suggests that back-to-school sales could slip 13 percent following last year’s record expenditures, while still remaining well above recent year’s levels.