Long Beach, Calif. -
unveiled Tuesday two all-purpose scanners and a new all-in-one inkjet printer/scanner/ copier/fax, all of which are said to offer intelligent imaging technologies at affordable prices.
The new all-in-one
(shipping now at a $130 suggested retail) features built-in Wi-Fi, a 30-page automatic document feeder, and the ability to scan directly to PDF and email for small-business applications.
The Epson Perfection V33 ($89 suggested retail) and Epson Perfection V330 Photo ($119) both ship in mid-June and will target household scanning applications, including digitizing/archiving photos, documents and 3D objects.
Both models feature 4,800 by 9600 dpi optical resolution and the same wide range of user benefits and technologies, including a 180-degree lid for scanning oversized objects.
The V330 adds a built-in a transparency unit that enables it to scan slides, negatives and film.
The scanners include ArcSoft Scan-n-Stitch Deluxe scanning software to enable users to scan multiple images such as panoramas, oversized artwork, documents and scrapbook pages, which it stitches together automatically.
Other applications include the following:
* ReadyScan LED Technology - supports fast scan speeds, eliminates warm-up time and decreases power consumption.
* Epson's Easy Photo Fix Technology -restores color from old/faded prints, removes dust from scanned film or slides, and reduces grain.
Four customizable buttons enable one-touch scanning, copying, scan-to-email and creating PDFs.
Both scanners are compatible with all popular operating systems, including the latest Windows 7 and Mac OS X, and include one-year limited warranties.
Meanwhile, the WorkForce 520 delivers print speeds of 15 ISO pages per minute (ppm) black and 5.4 ISO (ppm) color.
ISO ppm speeds are based on a new international standard for measuring print speed.
Other features include fade, smudge- and water-resistant DURABrite Ultra inks.
Scanning resolution is listed at 2,400 dpi. It supports direct scan-to-PDF for archiving important documents and scan-to-email. Also supported is stand-alone color and black and white copying, and the capability to fax documents directly from a computer.
Additional Epson WorkForce 520 features include:
* five individual ink cartridges for replacing only the color that is needed;
* twice as many prints with two black cartridges;
* up to 50 percent paper supply savings with manual, two-sided printing
*up to 70 percent less energy consumption than a laser printer when printing daily jobs; and
* Epson MicroPiezo print head technology with smart nozzles that deliver ink droplets in as many as three sizes for sharp laser-like quality.