Hauppauge, N.Y. — Electrograph Systems will host its Display Technology Experience (DTE) reseller event at Chicago’s Navy Pier for the second year in a row on May 22.
The company kicked off its 2008 DTE program last month in Anaheim where it reached “well over 350 resellers … and the most manufacturers exhibiting yet,” according to Sam Taylor, Electrograph’s president.
This year’s program features a number of industry-certified courses from NSCA and CEDICA, commercial and residential product training sessions and manufacturer exhibits. The Chicago event in particular will feature a welcome address from Chuck Wilson, executive director of NSCA, and training and education sessions on the following topics and speakers:
- What Will You Be Doing in 2011? — Gary Kayye, Gary Kayye’s rAVe and Gary Kayye’s Home Edition e-newsletters;
- Introduction to IP Networking —Richard Reynolds, Pikes Peak Community College;
- Solving Ground Loop Problems — Bill Whitlock, Jensen Technologies;
- Whole House Lighting Control, Home Automation and HiFi — Patrick Gilligan, HAI;
- Digital Signage: The Future is Now — Alan Brawn, Brawn Consulting;
- Digital Signage Made Easy — Paul Ackermann, EK3;
- Sound Solutions for Commercial Environments — Bill Raimondi, Crown Audio/JBL Pro;
- Integrating Speakers with Home Theaters and Flat Panel Displays — Steve Feinstein, Atlantic Technology;
- Sony Videoconferencing — Setting the New Standard for HD — Dave Petricig, Spire Global;
- Reseller Certification for Philips 3D Displays — Erik van der Tol, Philips 3D Solutions; and
- The Importance of Display Calibration to ISF Commercial Standards — Alan Brawn, Brawn Consulting.
In other Electrograph news, the company recently finalized a partnership with Minicom Advanced Systems, manufacturer of digital signage distribution systems. The agreement is said to give Electrograph resellers direct access to Minicom’s remote management, distribution and extension systems while also strengthening Electrograph’s position as a distributor of digital signage A/V displays and accessories.