El Segundo, Calif. -
said this week that it will offer interactive TV coverage of the 2012 Masters Golf Tournament (April 5-8).
Viewers will be able to dig more deeply into the stats and backgrounds of this year's challengers at the Augusta National Golf Club.
DirecTV will offer its Masters Mosaic interactive TV application and six-channel Masters Mix with CBS Sports' and ESPN's live HD coverage of the tournament.
According to DirecTV:
"The Masters Mix Channel, available only on DirecTV, offers fans six views of the Tournament: the main CBS Sports/ESPN feed, two Featured Group channels, Amen Corner, holes 15 and 16, and Masters in Depth, along with a continuously running leader board featuring live tee times, scoring and leaders' locations on the course. Each extra channel of coverage is fully produced with its own announcers. Viewers will also have access to the following interactive menu of features 24 hours a day throughout the tournament on any of the six Masters channels:
1. Top Five Leaders: displays the top five current scores against par.
2. Leader Board: provides information on all the golfers in the field including players' hole-by-hole stats through the Scorecard feature, displaying greens hit in regulation, driving distance, putting average for each player in the field, and will include current and previous rounds. And a new customizable leader board lets fans select their favorite player and place them on top of the board to more easily track their scores.
3. Highlights: allows viewers on-demand access to the previous round's highlights as well as five golfer-specific highlight packages focusing on the top two leaders and three notable players in each round.
4. Course Tour: provides fans with a bird's-eye video of each hole.
5. Masters Quiz: challenges fans with 10 questions, refreshed daily, about the history of the Masters and Augusta National, and the day's action on course."