Round Rock, Texas — Dell’s September catalog offers an assortment of HDTVs from the company’s three new “preferred partners:” Sony, Sharp and Philips.
The assortment excludes any of the company’s own-branded TVs. According to a Dell spokesperson, “In August of this year, Dell shifted its focus [within the TV category] to an expanded preferred partner lineup.”
The spokesperson told TWICE that Dell first launched a preferred partnership with Sony in February and that it added Sharp and Philips last month.
“The current strategy enables us to provide our customers, both consumer and business, with a range of options from some of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the TV business,” said the spokesperson in an email.
The spokesperson did not rule out the possibility that the company could add additional brands to its TV line up in the future, however, for now she said the company is “very happy with our current partners.”
The HDTVs highlighted in Dell’s catalog this month include the:
- Sony Bravia 40-inch 1080p Full HDTV (KDL-40W3000) for $2,299;
- Sony Bravia 46-inch 1080p Full HDTV (KDL-46V3000) for $2,899;
- Sharp Aquos 52-inch HDTV (LC52D62U) for $2,799;
- Sharp Aquos 42-inch HDTV (LC42D62U) for $1,749;
- Philips 42-inch 1080p Full HDTV (42PFL7422D) for $1,599; and
- Philips 37-inch HDTV (37PFL332D).
To view Dell’s full TV lineup, visit www.Dell.com.