Fairfield, N.J. — The DVD Acquisition and Development Group (DADG) said it will soon introduce eight new HD DVD titles.
The highlight of the offerings is the first HD DVD in the Digital Video Essentials line, which was produced in conjunction with Microsoft, the company said.
The releases will be available in dual disc format, with the remaining seven titles to be distributed under the HDScape brand.
“Reminiscent of the transition from video to DVD 10 years ago, we are once again at a crossroads with consumer electronic technology,” said David Goodman, DADG president. “The market has been primed for a high definition transition, and we are prepared to be fully stocked to meet those needs. By offering our titles in a dual-disc format, those consumers who haven’t yet made the complete transfer to the HD DVD format can still enjoy our programming, and then literally flip the disc once they are fully HD compatible.”
All DVDI HD titles have been created in the MPEG-4/H.264 AVC, or VC-1 format.
Titles include the following:
- “DVE HD”— This title, which carries a $34.95 suggested retail price, offers a full range of audio and video test signals for home theater tune-ups created by Joe Kane. The content is now available in both 1080p and 720p on one disc. Included is the original Standard DVD version. The disc was produced in conjunction with Microsoft and is fully HDi capable.
The remaining titles are part of the HDScape collection, which is designed to offer comforting and captivating images from the many corners of the world. Each discs is priced at a $29.95 suggested retail.
- “Exotic Saltwater Aquarium HD DVD” —This title was shot in 16:9 AVC 1080p, to transform HD television sets into an aquarium filled with exotic salt water fish.
- “Fireplace HD DVD” —This is an HD version of the popular holiday title, which was designed to reduce stress and enduce comfort.
- “Antarctica Dreaming” — This disc presents a world colored by ice and fire, carved by hurricane-force winds as filmed in HD by Emmy Award winning cinematographer David Hannan.
- “Visions of Sea: Explorations” —Award-winnng videographer Anthony S. Lenzo captures a world of pristine and unspoiled coral reefs previously inaccessible to video cameras.
- “Serenity: Southern Seas”—This features Australian seascapes and golden beaches in HD.
“HD Window: Hawaii” — This features the exotic, lush and unique landscapes of the Hawaiian Islands.
- “HD Window: The Great Southwest” — This HD title features the beautiful landscapes of Arizona, New Mexico and California.
An HD DVD sampler disc, featuring samples of each of the HD titles, will be available at a suggested retail price of $6.95.