Richmond, Va. — A study commissioned by Circuit City found that more than one-half of dads would prefer an electronics gift (52 percent), compared with other items like clothing (16 percent) and sports gear (13 percent).
The survey, promoted in time for Father’s Day, also found that 75 percent of American dads believe that GPS navigation would be somewhat or very important to improve the quality of a family road trip this summer. Circuit City said only the cellphone ranks higher, at 93 percent, in consumer electronics products.
The survey of over 4,000 dads also found:
- 30 percent of dads rated portable DVD players as “very important” for a family road trip (25 percent rated built-in DVD as “very important”)
- 27 percent of dads rated laptop computers as “very important” for the road trip
- 24 percent rated an MP3 player “very important” for the trip
- 23 percent rated handheld games “very important” for the trip
- 20 percent said upgraded car stereo would be “very important” for the trip
The survey was conducted by Decision Analyst of Arlington, Texas.
Circuit City also said its stores nationwide will host demonstrations of the latest in digital photography every 30 minutes from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, June 8.