RetailVision moves to the Midwest for the first time this fall, with the event being held at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers in the Windy City, September 14-17.
Over 250 retailers of all stripes, both online and traditional, and 300 vendors (30% of which will be new attendees) will attend RetailVision Fall '99, featuring the latest computer, convergence and communications products.
Topping the list of event highlights will be the keynote address by Rich Redelfs, VP/general manager of 3Com Wireless and Network Group.
Event organizer the GartnerGroup, as well as Dataquest, will be featured prominently during RetailVision's educational programs -- RetailVision University -- and the exclusive, by invitation only ExecutiveVision sessions.
One of the key topics to be discussed will be distribution changes concerning computers, where end users will be buying directly through distributors and from retailers.
Event partners Ingram Micro and Tech Data (TWICE is the other event partner) will also be making presentations on today's changing retail climate, according to Nancy Splaine, RetailVision VP.
"RetailVision has really become the key event to learn about e-commerce, the volatility of the market, and the expansion of the consumer base,'' Splaine said.
Among the other RetailVision highlights will be:
- World Premiere product introductions from Philips and Dragon Systems.
- Powerviews, where retailers present to vendors essential information on deciding who to work with.
- What's In Store simulated retail store area, displaying the latest promotions, packaging and products.
- Private boardroom and group meetings with top retailers and suppliers.
- And, of course, the Best Of RetailVision Awards, where retailers vote for the top products during the event.
For more information on RetailVision call (603) 577-9856, or visit www.visionevents.com.