Arlington, Va. — The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) announced it will host four “Great Ideas Workshops” during CEDIA Expo.
The free workshops, which will be at the Indianapolis Convention Center, Sept. 5-6, are designed to provide an opportunity to exchange ideas with experts and industry colleagues, and discuss solutions that work.
“You don’t need to be a CEA member to attend CEA’s ‘Great Ideas Workshops,’” said Kerry Moyer, member relations senior director, CEA. “In fact, the workshops are a perfect opportunity for dealers and CIs to experience the benefits of CEA membership. It’s like having free access to some of retail and custom installation’s top business consultants.”
Each of two workshop topics will be offered in the morning and the afternoon. Topics are as follows:
• “The Independent – From Surviving to Thriving,” moderated by Otto Papasadero, executive director, North American Retail Dealers Association (NARDA). This workshop drills down on 50 basic elements of sound business practice that are critical to the success of today’s independent retailer and CI.
• “Financial Forecasting – Empowerment for Your Business … It’s as Easy as Connecting the Dots,” moderated by Pat Johnson and Dick Outcalt, financial consultants and co-founders of the Retail Owners Institute. This workshop will demonstrate the connection between profits, inventory turns, cash flow, GMROI and debt reduction.
Strategies and tactical solutions will be put forward and discussed during these interactive workshops. They will be held:
• The Independent — From Surviving to Thriving: Wednesday, Sept. 5, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• The Independent — From Surviving to Thriving: Wednesday, Sept. 5, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
• Financial Forecasting — Empowerment for Your Business: Thursday, Sept. 6, 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Financial Forecasting — Empowerment for Your Business: Thursday, Sept. 6, 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.