Arlington, Va. – A Christmas tree does not have to be the only green item brought into the home this holiday season.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has created the GreenerGadgets.org website to tempt consumers into living greener during December. The site offers help in living and buying green and how to recycle properly.
- The tips include looking for the Energy Star and Epeat labels on products to find the most efficient.
- Using a programmable or smart thermostat to control a home’s heat.
- Use an eco-friendly power strip for Christmas lights or unplug them when not in use.
- Use the power management functions on computer and other devices.
- Properly recycle all old electronics.