Long Beach, Calif. — Capitol Sales Company, a national distributor that caters to residential and commercial system integrators, refreshed its e-commerce Web site in September and has since reported a 47 percent increase in sales volume and a 37 percent increase in the number of online orders.
The company noted in a release that the site’s upgrades included the implementation of enhanced search capabilities, the addition of a function so dealers can track orders with a single click, and the addition of information about how each product will ship. Also, when dealers find the product they’re searching for, they now see a variety of related products and accessories on the same page.
Beyond the new sales aspects of the site, Capitol Sales has also added six on-demand education courses and said it expects to add more over time. The current course topics include:
- wireless lighting control,
- business practices for profitability,
- a introduction to projectors and screens,
- a “mixed bag of product solutions,”
- wireless phone system solutions, and
- an introduction to IR+ New Xantech products.
In other news, Capitol Sales has expanded its merchandising team with the addition of Ethan Laramy, most recently of Best Buy, and it grew its sales team by hiring 20-year industry veteran Lance Larson for its sales team.
- Chambers Talks About Emerging Nations At CES - January 26, 2009
- Acer Debuts Desktop, Display - January 20, 2009
- HTSA Celebrates Vendors Despite Down Year, Uncertain Future - January 19, 2009