Minneapolis - Best Buy will hold a series of pre-holiday sales this month and has created a new microsite at
to tout them.
Items discounted for the first round of the company's "Shop Early, Save Big" event, which runs today and tomorrow, include:
- LG's Thrive GoPhone for $100, from $130;
- Best Buy Exclusive Motorola Xoom Family Edition tablet for $360, from $400;
- a private-label Dynex 42-inch LCD HDTV for $400, from $500;
- an eMachine Celeron laptop for $200, from $350;
- a private-label Insignia HD camcorder for $40, from $100, and;
- Microsoft 4GB and 250GB Kinect Bundles with a free $100 Gift Card priced at $300 and $400, respectively.
Best Buy will hold two additional "Shop Early, Save Big" events Nov. 11-12 and Nov. 18-19. The company is also extending its returns and price-match period for the holidays, and is offering
for its entire online assortment, excluding third-party resellers, through Dec. 26.
Separately, Best Buy said it will open its doors at midnight on Black Friday, and will hold a "major cinematic event" at stores in more than 20 key markets earlier that evening at 9 p.m., details of the which are to follow.
"We're focused on creating an unparalleled shopping experience for our customers," said Barry Judge, Best Buy's executive VP and chief marketing officer. "Black Friday is just the beginning. This commitment will come to life throughout the holiday season in a variety of offers and initiatives that give customers great values and the most convenient ways to shop for everyone on their list."