Hauppauge, N.Y. - Audiovox has begun shipping to expeditors and new-car dealers eight models of their OE Sound Solution systems.
"These new infotainment systems expand on the company's existing OE replacement radio line and add head units compatible with multiple VW and GM models, Honda, Hyundai and Toyota," said Tom Malone, president of Audiovox Electronics, in a statement. "These radios provide the car dealer viable alternatives to factory-installed systems and deliver increased profit opportunities. For the consumer, they eliminate the need to buy an accessory package that might include unwanted options when all they really want is the radio upgrade."
The head units come with a three-year warranty, Malone added.
Features of the products include built-in navigation with Navteq, turn-by-turn voice guidance in 19 languages, 11 million points of interest with 3D screens, built-in Parrot Bluetooth with external microphone, 7-inch and 8-inch touchscreen displays, and rearview camera with Instant On technology. The units are also Made for iPhone and iPod, as well as XM-ready and MediaLink interface modules with USB input that also allows video from an iPod or iPhone (optional cable required).
The eight models include:
- ADVUV630 (universal double-DIN);
- OVWI (Volkswagen, multiple vehicles);
- OHOCVC1 (Honda Civic 2006 to 2011);
- OHOCRV1 (Honda CRV 2007 to 2011);
- OHYSFE1 (Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 to 2011);
- OTOHIG1 (Toyota Highlander 2009 to 2011) ;
- OTORAV1 (Toyota RAV4 2006 to 2011); and
- OGM1 (multiple GM vehicles, including those with factory Bose systems).