Seattle - Amazon.com has launched a "Black Friday Deals" page at
The microsite will offer a "heavily discounted" Deal of the Day; limited-time, doorbuster-style "Lightning Deals"; and other sale items now through Thanksgiving Weekend, the e-tailer said.
"We see more people choosing to shop online on Black Friday so we're providing customers killer deals now through Cyber Monday, and we're working hard to meet or beat the lowest prices out there," said Amazon electronics VP Paul Ryder.
This week's sale items include:
- A Flip MinoHD brushed metal camcorder, $109 (list price: $229);
- A Kodak Mini camcorder, $49 (list price: $99);
- A Zune HD 16 GB media player, $150 (list price: $200);
- An Archos 5 32GB Wi-Fi tablet, $205 (list price: $379);
- A Pioneer seven-channel home-theater receiver, $299 (list price: $499); and
- A PlayStation3 160GB Family Bundle with two free games, $300 (list price: $370).
Spot promotions available at various times throughout the week will include:
- A Mitsubishi 60-inch 3D-ready DLP TV: $699 (list price: $999);
- A Toshiba 55-inch 1080p LED, $1,199 (list price: $2,400);
- an unnamed 42-inch 1080p LCD TV for $298 (list price: $579); and
- a Toshiba BDX1100 Blu-ray Disc player, $59 (list price: $99).
All listed items qualify for free shipping under Amazon's Super Saver Shipping program, which provides free delivery for purchases of $25 or more, and through the e-tailer's Amazon Prime subscription program.
Elsewhere, the company is offering a new price-check app for iPhone that allows in-store shoppers to compare prices on Amazon and third-party e-tailers by scanning an item's bar code, snapping its picture, or typing or saying its name.
"This app makes it incredibly easy to quickly compare prices on millions of items before making a purchase," said Sam Hall, director of Amazon Mobile. "We've worked hard to have low prices at Amazon, and we like it when customers comparison shop so they know they're getting a good deal."