Seattle - Amazon reported today its third-generation Kindle is now the best-selling product in the company's history.
While the company did not give an exact number for how many Kindles have been sold, CEO Jeff Bezos said it has now outsold "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." The Kindle and Kindle 3G were the online retailer's best-selling products during the 2010 holiday season.
"On Christmas day, more people turned on new Kindles for the first time, downloaded more Kindle Buy Once, Read Everywhere apps, and purchased more Kindle books than on any other day in history," Amazon said in a written statement.
Other hot CE items were:
- the Apple iPod Touch 8GB, Adobe Photoshop Elements 9;
- the Samsung Captivate Android phone;
- HTC Droid Android phone;
- Motorla Droid X; and
- Fujifilm FinePix 12.2-megapixel digital camera.
Other interesting Amazon facts:
- On Nov. 29, 13.7 million items were ordered.
- The company shipped 9 million items to 178 countries on its busiest day.
- Amazon shipped 350,000 items to overseas military addresses.
- One of the most remote addresses delivered to was Grise Fiord, which is in Canada, north of the Arctic Circle.