based here, said Monday it is now offering online 3D object creation services to U.S. customers.
Sculpteo.com allows artists and digital photo enthusiasts to turn 3D files into 3D hard copy creations, as well as easily create 3D objects based on 2D drawings or simple text, the company said.
Sculpteo said customers can order a number of different objects or model figures designed by themselves or others, including static or articulated figures, miniatures, prototypes, robots, models and more.
The final product is shipped to customers in within two weeks.
The company's design options include:
- Users designing images using popular 3D software and upload them to Sculpteo.com in formats including OBJ, 3DS, STL, SKP and others;
- Users selecting from numerous pre-designed images from Sculpteo's online gallery; and
- a user selecting a 3D file available on the Web.
- Sculpteo enables online customized image editing or as well as selecting size, material, and color or monochrome printing options.
- Price is calculated automatically based on customizations.
Customization options are as follows:
- The material can be chosen based on the type of end product the customer would like. The user could select a sturdy plastic material for a more flexible object, while the plaster casting would be used for a more solid non-moveable item.
- The size of the object can range from 2 inches to 10 inches depending on the type of material chosen.
- The color choices are monochrome or multicolor.
"The response for Sculpteo in Europe has been tremendous and the North American market has been clamoring for our unique solution," said Clement Moreau, Sculpteo CEO and founder. "We are thrilled to be entering this market and look forward to inspiring creativity and serving the business and consumer community."
Sculpteo, which was founded in 2009, offers a full online 3D printing service. The services were said to be designed for ease of use and accessibility.