The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) has announced its first-ever Luxury Kitchen Summit to be held virtually from June 23-24, 2021. The summit will feature top NKBA designers (serving the luxury market) and industry experts who will explore the meaning of luxury today, how to work with high net-worth clients, key style elements of elevated living, the path to becoming a luxury designer, and much more.
Participating Designers and Industry Experts
NKBA designers were invited to participate in a proprietary NKBA study exploring the luxury kitchen market — including key style, product, and lifestyle drivers. A select number have been tapped to share deeper insights as part of the upcoming summit. They include:
- Anne-Marie Brunet, CMKBD, Sheridan Interiors, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Nar Bustamante, NAR Design Group, Sacramento, CA
- Brendan Flanigan, Brendan Flanigan Interiors, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Jan Neiges, CMKBD, Jan Neiges LLC, Highlands Ranch, CO
- Alyson O’Hanlon, CKD, owner, Clive Christian Furniture Showroom NJ, Tenafly, NJ
- Sarah Robertson, AKBD, principal Studio Dearborn, Mamaroneck, NY
- Peter Salerno, CMKBD, Peter Salerno Inc, Wyckoff, NJ
- Vicky Serany, principal Southern Studio Design, Cary, NC
Additionally, industry experts will discuss important demographic and psychographic shifts in luxury living, explore what makes a luxury kitchen and what doesn’t and probe designers on their approach to developing luxury clients.
“One of the most interesting trends in the last couple of years has been the shift in what luxury has come to mean, that it’s not just about how much money someone spends,” says Suzie Williford, EVP and chief strategy officer of NKBA. “What we found in our recent luxury kitchen study is that the uber high-end clientele, the 0.1 percent if you like, equates luxury with freedom from design rules and it’s a very personalized experience that is unique and customized for their needs. You can see examples of this in our recently published book, The Luxury Kitchen, which showcases the distinctive kitchens by the designers who participated in our study.”
NKBA Summit: Luxury Defined — Programming
The conference will take a deep dive into the following topics, exploring the nuances of language, style, timing, and approach:
- Luxury Clients: Who Are They?
- The Luxury Client/Designer Relationship Explained
- The Modern Luxury Kitchen: Designing Without Rules
- Luxury Clients: How Do They Think?
- The Role of Marketing/PR in Developing Your Niche
- Luxury — What It Is… and What It Isn’t
NKBA Renovation Angel Luxury Kitchen Awards
The NKBA and Renovation Angel established a strategic partnership in 2019 with a goal of recognizing designers and brands who support the concept of recycling and upcycling kitchen components. The 2021 awards will be presented at the close of day 1 of the NKBA Luxury Summit.
Registration for The NKBA Summit: Luxury Defined is included in the cost of NKBA membership. Non-members may register for $99.