CEDIA Expo recently announced their non-stop programming taking place on the CEDIA Expo Smart Stage, Sept. 12-14 at the Colorado Convention Center. A hub for all attendees, the Smart Stage will be the place for a variety of panel discussions, exhibitor product-pitches and two awards ceremonies at CEDIA Expo 2019.
Stage programming includes:
TechTalks features a series of inspiring and educational talks from connected technology experts sharing insights into what the future holds for the custom integration industry.
TechBites returns to the CEDIA Expo featuring 10 brands, for one day only. Live on the CEDIA Smart Stage, selected brands will have just three minutes to present their latest innovation or service followed by a two-minute Q&A session.
On Sept. 12th, leaders of the industry will travel from booth to booth in Innovation Alley, taking in “Shark Tank” style pitches from brand spokespeople. Top brands will be named to the TechStarter FIVE and will receive a host of perks and prizes to elevate their new businesses to media, attendees and customers. The program will culminate with a TechStarter panel discussion on the Smart Stage.
CE Pro BEST Product and Project Awards
Launched in 2009, this is the 10 year anniversary of the CE Pro Product Awards. The winners are chosen by a panel of industry experts, integrators and editors. Criteria includes creativity, innovation, incorporated equipment, obstacles overcome, aesthetics and lifestyle benefits.
The CE Pro BEST Project Awards (formerly Electronic Home of the Year Awards) launched in 2006. The project awards recognizes the best residential installers within the professional installation industry. Gold, silver and bronze winners in all 21 categories will be selected by a seasoned panel of judges.
CE Pro All-Star Band
The band is reuniting for a one-night only event on the Smart Stage following the CE Pro BEST Project Awards. The CE Pro All-Star Band is uniquely made up of talented musicians from the custom electronics industry. Click here to see who is performing.
See below for the full schedule of events:
DAY 1 – Thursday, Sept. 12
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: TechTalk: Google Nest
- Welcome to the Helpful Home: How Google Nest Is Transforming Connected
- LivingPresented by: Michelle Turner, senior director, Google Smart Home Ecosystem
10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.: CE Pro BEST Product Awards
12:00 p.m. – 1:30- p.m.: TechBites
1:40 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.: TechTalk: Savant
- Bring Personalized Wellness & Energy Independence to your Clients with New Technologies
- Speaker: JC Murphy, executive vice president, Savant & Racepoint Energy
2:20 p.m. – 2:50 p.m.: TechTalk: Z-Wave Alliance
- Hot New Z-Wave Solutions and Opportunities to Grow Your Business
- Presented by: Mitchell Klein, executive director, Z-Wave
3:00 p.m. – 3:50 p.m.: TechTalk: Women in Consumer Technology
- Technology + Design-Build Teams = Winning!
- Presented by: Carol Campbell, publisher, Women in Consumer Technology
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: CE Pro BEST Project Awards
5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.: CE Pro All-Star Band
DAY 2: Friday, Sept. 13
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.: TechTalk: Vivint
- Future of Smart Home as a Service and the Impact to Home-Tech Pros
- Presented by: Julie Jacobson, founding editor, CE Pro & Chris Ivie, Sr. Director of Pro Channels, Vivint Smart Home
10:10 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.: TechTalk: Brilliant
- Opportunities to Grow Your Business with the New Standard in Smart Home for Pros and Home Builders
- Presented by: Aaron Emigh, CEO, Brilliant
10:50 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.: TechTalk: CEDIA
- CEDIA: Members of Excellence Panel
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: TechTalk: Sonnen
- Energy Automation: Growing Your Business with an Emerging, New Category
- Presented by: Duane Paulson & Jessica Weiss, Sonnen
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.: TechStarter
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: TechTalk: Samsung
- Luxury Living: How Samsung Display Technology Delivers on Design
- Presented by: Chris Simpson, Samsung & Arlen Schweiger, managing editor, CE Pro
2:40 p.m. – 3:10 p.m.: TechTalk: Harman
- How to Maximize the Low-frequency Performance in a Multichannel Audio System
3:20 p.m. – 3:50 p.m.: TechTalk: Sound United
- Maximizing Your AV Receivers’ Smart Remote Management Capabilities
- Presented by: Arlen Schweiger, managing editor, CE Pro
4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: TechTalk: LumaStream
- Powering the Future
- Presented by: Jason Knott, editor-in-chief, CE Pro
DAY 3: Sat., September 14
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.: TechTalk: SimPRO
- Challenges in Switching to Cloud-Based Software: Myths vs. Reality
- Presented by: Glenn Nott, president, SimPro
10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: TechTalk Nortek
- The transformational impact of the Cloud and Artificial Intelligence in automation and control of homes and commercial spaces
- Presented by: David Kaplan
10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.: TechTalk: CABA
- CABA Connected Home Roadmap 2019 Research Report
- Conrad McCallum, communications director, CABA
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.: TechTalk: CT Lab
- How Integrated Tech Brings Wellness, Security and Safety to All Homes.
- Presented by: Karl Champley, CLIPP
12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.: TechTalk: Parks Associates
- The Rise of Voice Control in the Connected Lifestyle
- Presented by: Dina Abdelrazik, Research Analyst, Connected Home, Parks Associates
CEDIA Expo registration is now open! Click here for attendee registration.
About CEDIA Expo
Hosting more than 20,000 home technology professionals and over 500 exhibitors each year, CEDIA Expo provides a place for system integrators to see new products and breakthrough innovations first and access targeted training in technology integration. CEDIA Expo 2019 takes place September 10-14 at the Colorado Convention Center, Denver, CO.