Here’s your weekly serving of distributor news:
· WYNIT announced it is carrying the first Wi-Fi digital picture frame from Smartparts, the SPX8WF. Wynit is the exclusive distributor for Smartparts digital frames.
· ADI said more than 1,500 dealers were able to participate at its third annual customer celebration, held at Mile High Station in Denver during CEDIA EXPO 2008. The event was sponsored by more than 30 manufacturers and featured an evening of entertainment highlighted by the band Live. (right)
· Almo updated its Web site, www.almo.com, with a new look, new navigation tools, a new organization structure, instant access to online dealer application forms, and more information about Almo’s service and product offerings. Almo’s executive VP Ed Gibbons said more improvements will come, including expanded search result data, product detail pages, automated accessory compatibility listings with each product, an online training room, and catalog and literature downloads.
· Petra has announced it will now carry Winegard HDTV antennas, converter boxes and satellite dishes. It also added products from Universal Remote Control to its inventory.
· DSI was granted the rights to expand its distribution of Sharp TVs. It will now offer the company’s products to five new states: Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho and Montana.