San Antonio — The Progressive Retailers Organization was at the Westin La Cantera Hill Coun
Next Generation Optical Disc Sales For the week ended March 18, 2007
Current Week Highlights:
• Sony Pictures Home Entertainments (SPHE’s) $167M action title Casino Royale (BD) debuted at #1 with 28,233 units. This is best single format opening for any NG disc title to date.
• Weekly Blu-ray sales climbed 74.4% as compared to the previous week to 65,630 units.
• SPHE’s $63.2M romance title The Holiday (BD) debuted at #4 with 1,467 units.
• Weekly HD-DVD sales fell 14.1% as compared to the previous week to 14,684 units.
• Year to date (YTD) sales are 549,730 units, representing a 7:3 ratio versus HD-DVD.
• Cumulative sales stand at just over 844,000 units.
• SPHE leads in unit market share (32.2%) followed by Warner (19.0%) and Fox (13.7%).
• Based on current week sales, BD outperformed HD at a rate of 9 to 2.
• SPHE featured five titles in the top 10 for the current week with Casino Royale, The Holiday,Layer Cake, Black Hawk Down and Fifth Element which ranked first, fourth, sixth, seventh and
• With one week of sales, Casino Royale (BD) ranks fifth amongst all NG disc titles based on ITD sales.
• YTD sales are 249,451 units.
• Cumulative sales stand at approximately 708,600 units.
• Warner accounts for 47.3% of the HD market with approximately 327,500 units sold followed by Universal (38.3%) and Paramount (12.1%).
• Based on total sales to date, only one of the top 10 NG titles were HD format.
• The Departed (HD/DVD) ranks sixth amongst all HD format titles based on ITD sales.