Central to the messages of both Sony divisions was the arrival of new broadband-connected BD-Live interactive extra content to be included on such key new Blu-ray Disc releases as the following:
· "Angels and Demons": features video created after the disc's release, including scenes from the movie's world premiere in Rome.
· "Godzilla": e-movie cash offers a discount on a ticket for the current box office release 2012.
· "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs": new Splat Mode enables participation in an onscreen food fight.
· "District 9": features a "Joburg from above interactive map"
· "Julie and Julia": MovieIQ mode enables emailing yourself recipes from the movie.
· "The Year One": a video editor tool enables creating a personalized edit of the film that can be shared with others.
On the hardware front, Chris Fawcett, Sony Electronics home product division digital A/V products group marketing VP, said Sony's BD-PS360 Blu-ray Disc player, which is being promoted around the holidays by some retailers at $149, will be one of the industry's best deals.