Canton, Mass. - Specialty retailer Tweeter Home Entertainment Group recorded a 3 percent drop in total revenue for its fiscal third quarter, reaching $170 million, compared with $175 million in the year-ago period. Comp-store sales were off 10 percent for the three months, ended June 30. Tweeter had previously announced expectations of comp-store sales between negative 6 percent and negative 10 percent. In all its markets, excluding Florida and Arizona — and excluding the Sound Advice chain — comp-store sales showed improvement as the third quarter progressed. Comp-store sales were down 11 percent in April, down 9 percent in May and off 4 percent in June, for a quarter comp of down 8 percent, exclusive of these two regions, which account for about 25 percent of Tweeter's revenue. Gross margin in the Florida and Arizona markets, however, improved by about 140 basis points in June, compared with the same three months in 2002.
- A New Dimension: Three Quarters of 3D Printer Owners Report High Daily and Weekly Usage, Finds New CEA Study
- Artison Launches Kickstarter Campaign For Industry's Smallest High-Performance Subwoofer
- Nintendo Unveils Over 50 New Features and Other Details for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- HTSA Honors Top Vendors of 2014
- MASSIVE AUDIO ENTERS THE TARDIS TO INTRODUCE DOCTOR WHO BLUETOOTH AUDIO SPEAKERS
- MakerBot Expands 3D Printer Distribution and Sales to South Africa
- Gefen Expands Portfolio of 4K Ultra HD Infrastructure Solutions
- HDX reaches North American distribution agreement with Casio America Inc.
- Mopar Goes All-in With Fleet of Customized SEMA Show Rides
- Larson Electronics Releases 150 Watt Explosion Proof LED Light Fixture that operates on 347/480V AC