Canton, Mass. - Specialty retailer Tweeter Home Entertainment Group recorded a 3 percent drop in total revenue for its fiscal third quarter, reaching $170 million, compared with $175 million in the year-ago period. Comp-store sales were off 10 percent for the three months, ended June 30. Tweeter had previously announced expectations of comp-store sales between negative 6 percent and negative 10 percent. In all its markets, excluding Florida and Arizona — and excluding the Sound Advice chain — comp-store sales showed improvement as the third quarter progressed. Comp-store sales were down 11 percent in April, down 9 percent in May and off 4 percent in June, for a quarter comp of down 8 percent, exclusive of these two regions, which account for about 25 percent of Tweeter's revenue. Gross margin in the Florida and Arizona markets, however, improved by about 140 basis points in June, compared with the same three months in 2002.
- ASA Electronics makes improvements to fabrication department
- Roadify Transit Announces Distribution and Technology Relationships With Leading Digital Signage Companies
- What a Rush! SKAA Wireless Receiver Not Just For Headphones Anymore
- Bridge Technologies, Clear-Com, and Solid State Logic Join AIMS
- Quantum Releases Purpose-Built 4K Video Reference Architectures to Deliver Industry-Best 4K Stream Counts and Performance
- Tom Marks, Rerecording Mixer, Chooses NUGEN Audio's Halo Upmix and MasterCheck Pro for Popular Series 'Sense8'
- Riedel MediorNet Provides Decentralized and Redundant Signal Routing for Spain's 'Gran Hermano VIP' ('Big Brother VIP')
- DEG ADDS FIVE NEW MEMBER COMPANIES
- Nokia completes first pre-standard 600MHz LTE call using commercially-available hardware
- Game Creek Wins Big With IHSE's KVM Systems During 2017 Pro Football Championship