San Francisco — Action video camera resource iON America said Thursday that version 3.1 of its iON Camera App will be available starting this week in the Apple App Store.
The new version offers several updates, including remote capability that allows users to use their iOS device to control advanced camera settings in the iON Air Pro action video cam. This includes starting and stopping recording, changing all camera shooting modes, still image capture, checking battery life, auto power off and more.
Additional features available in the app include:
• ability to choose between transferring the HD file, VGA file, or both from the camera to the device;
• camera battery-level indicator;
• ability to use an iOS device as a viewfinder to preview live streaming;
• an option to create, sort and filter albums to organize photos and videos; and
• the ability to check file details, including date, size, resolution and file type.
The iON Air Pro camera and Podz will need to be upgraded to new firmware to take full advantage of the app’s new features.
More information on how to do so can be found at www.iontheaction.com/ion/video-tutorials.html.