Dallas — AT&T will custom install home theaters, repair PCs and set up wireless home networks under a new in-home service program announced today.
The nationwide program, dubbed AT&T ConnecTech, is an effort to tap into the multi-billion dollar home services industry, the carrier said.
"The home services industry represents a billion dollar marketplace," noted Carmen Nava, the company’s consumer marketing operations senior VP. "We’re using our strength in TV and broadband services to integrate both the product and care needs of today’s digital consumer."
Services, which are available to all consumers and can be purchased and scheduled online, include:
- Custom installation of home theater and TV equipment;
- Flat-panel TV wall mounting and home video installation;
- Wall-mount speaker installation;
- New PC or Apple computer installation and startup of a home desktop or notebook, including e-mail, security configuration and device networking;
- PC repair service, including parts and hardware replacement;
- Home network installation of multiple broadband-enabled devices;
- Computer and network diagnosis covering software and router configuration, settings, virus, spyware or operating system errors, and;
- Remote PC and phone support for digital products including cameras and MP3 players.
The program employs third-party providers and includes in-home and over-the-phone support as well as next-day installation seven days a week. Prices start at $100 and a full menu of services and pricing is listed at www.att.com/connectech.