PMP, PND Categories
Remain Active At CES
By Joseph Palenchar On Dec 20 2010 - 5:01am
NEW YORK —
In other portable digital device
developments at CES, dealers will find:
• portable media players taking on a tabletlike
visage with 5- and 7-inch screens to play
audio and video files but not connect to the
Internet or download apps.
• a tablet-look device with 7-inch screen
promoted as both a multimedia player and
• a handful of tablets with embedded
ATSC-M/H (Mobile Handheld) DTV reception
for on-the-go TV viewing.
• at least two new devices to add mobile
ATSC-M/H DTV reception to an iPhone or
• more devices that turn tablets, iPod
Touches and other devices lacking GPS
into PND (portable navigation devices). The
products will also improve the accuracy of
devices with embedded GPS.
• new PNDs from multiple suppliers. One
model will incorporate ATSC-M/H (Mobile/
Handheld) TV reception.
• new portable media players (PMPs) from
suppliers such as Coby, Philips, Haier, Cydle,
and Naxa even though other have left the
market because of Apple’s dominance.