By Lisa Johnston
New products on display at the American International Toy Fair, held in N
Bentonville, Ark. -- Walmart announced today a major rollback on retail prices for popular CE devices.
The new prices, effective immediately, include:
* A 16GB Apple iPhone 5 in white or black goes from $129 to $98 with a two-year contract from AT&T, Verizon or Sprint;
* Samsung's Galaxy S4 is now $138 with a two-year contract with Verizon and AT&T. Verizon S4 phones were originally priced at $148 and AT&T phones were originally priced at $168;
* Samsung's Galaxy S3 and Apple's iPhone 4S will be 97 cents with a two-year contract. The S3 is available with contracts through Verizon and AT&T. The iPhone 4S is available through Verizon, AT&T and Sprint;
* Apple's newest iPad with Retina display goes from $499 to $449 and the iPad 2 goes from $399 to $349;
* Samsung's Galaxy 2 7-inch tablet will retail for $169;
* Vizio's 60-inch Smart LED TV goes from $998 to $898;
* Samsung's 60-inch LED TV goes from $1,149 to $998; and
* Samsung's 55-inch Smart LED TV goes from $1,198 to $1,098.
This TWICE webinar, hosted by senior editor Alan Wolf, will take a look at what may be the hottest CE products at retail that will be sold during the all-important fourth quarter. Top technologies, market strategies and industry trends will be discussed with industry analysts and executives.