By Lisa Johnston
New products on display at the American International Toy Fair, held in N
Redmond, Wash. — Microsoft will open dozens of temporary holiday stores across the U.S. and Canada this fall.
The “pop-up” shops, announced earlier this year at Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference, are designed to provide consumers with “excellent choice, value, service and an engaging way to experience the best of Microsoft’s products and services,” the company said.
Customers will also be able to “learn new technology skills and get the most out of their Microsoft-enabled devices,” the software concern said.
Initially identified locations include:
• Aventura Mall – Aventura, Fla.
• Beachwood Place – Beachwood, Ohio.
• Cherry Creek Shopping Center – Denver, Colo.
• Dadeland Mall – Miami
• Eaton Centre – Toronto
• Fashion Mall at Keystone – Indianapolis
• Fashion Show Mall– Las Vegas
• Glendale Galleria – Glendale, Calif.
• Mall at Green Hills – Nashville, Tenn.
• Mall in Columbia – Columbia, Md.
• Metropolis at Metrotown – Burnaby, B.C.
• Montgomery Mall – Bethesda, Md.
• Natick Collection – Natick, Mass.
• North Star Mall – San Antonio
• Oakridge Centre – Vancouver, B.C.
• Penn Square Mall – Oklahoma City
• Perimeter Mall – Atlanta
• Roosevelt Field Mall – Garden, City, N.Y.
• Ross Park Mall – Pittsburgh
• Saint Louis Galleria – St. Louis
• San Francisco Centre – San Francisco
• South Shore Plaza – Braintree, Mass.
• Southpark Mall – Charlotte, N.C.
• Stonebriar Centre Mall – Frisco, Tex.
• Streets at Southpoint – Durham, N.C.
• Time Warner Center – The Shops at Columbus Circle – New York
• Washington Square– Portland, Ore.
• West Edmonton Mall – Edmonton, Alberta
• Westfarms Mall – West Hartford, Conn.
• Westfield Garden State Plaza – Paramus, N.J.
• Woodland Hills Mall – Tulsa, Okla.
• Woodlands Mall – Woodlands, Texas
This TWICE webinar, hosted by senior editor Alan Wolf, will take a look at what may be the hottest CE products at retail that will be sold during the all-important fourth quarter. Top technologies, market strategies and industry trends will be discussed with industry analysts and executives.