San Antonio — The Progressive Retailers Organization was at the Westin La Cantera Hill Coun
Home >> LG Details Optimus G User Interface
Seoul, South Korea — LG released more details of the industry’s first LTE-equipped quad-core smartphone, focusing on a new user interface that includes so-called “cross-tasking” capability.
The new user interface of the Optimus G Android 4.0 smartphone features cross-tasking, defined as a multitasking upgrade that lets users complete complex tasks simultaneously without having to compromise other tasks. Cross-tasking, called Q Slide, displays two applications simultaneously on one screen. Because the entire screen of each app is displayed, a user can complete two tasks concurrently, such as sending a text message while watching a video, the company said.
The phone will be available starting in October in key global markets, including Japan, following a launch next week in South Korea. A U.S. launch hasn’t been announced.
The Optimus G is LG’s first cellphone to be designed from the ground up with three other LG companies — LG Chem, LG Display and LG Innotek — to deliver longer battery life, a thinner profile and a brighter display compared with previous LG models. It features a quad-core 1.5GHz processor, Android 4.0 OS, 4.7-inch 15:9 WXGA True HD IPSPlus display with 1,280 by 768 pixels, 32GB of memory, 2GB RAM, rear camera of 13 megapixels or 8 megapixels, nearfield communications (NFC), Mobile High-definition Link (MHL) output, Wi-Fi and DLNA certification.
Besides cross-tasking, the new user interface includes these additional features:
• Live Zooming: enhances video viewing by zooming in up to five times while the video is being played.
• Dual Screen Dual Play: allows wireless mirroring between the smartphone and a TV and also lets users display different content on each screen. A slide presentation, for example, can be displayed on a TV while the Optimus G shows the accompanying speaking notes.
• QuickMemo: lets users write, draw or jot a memo with a finger directly on a captured screen for sharing as an attachment or a URL. QuickMemo can also be used to jot down a number and directly dial it while the number is on the top layer.
• Screen Zooming: lets users zoom in and out of lists in the music player, email, text messages and photo gallery.
• Application Link: launches preset applications such as email, calendar and weather when the alarm is turned off in the morning.
• Icon Personalizer: gives users the ability to customize icons by editing size and adding images.
Upgraded camera features include:
• Smart Shutter: senses camera vibration or subject movement of the subject and adjusts the shutter speed for the best shot.
• Time Catch Shot: lets users to choose the best of various shots taken before the shutter button is pressed.
• Cheese Shutter: automatically snaps a picture when subjects say cheese, kimchi, smile or LG.
• Low Light Shot Noise Reduction: uses a light-monitoring system and activates when the camera is used in a low-light situation to produce the least amount of picture noise.