By Lisa Johnston
New products on display at the American International Toy Fair, held in N
Ridgefield Park, N.J. — C&A Marketing, a licensee of the Polaroid brand for instant digital imaging cameras and accessories, has re-opened 18 select Ritz Camera & Image Stores across the country along with the online specialty imaging business RitzPix.com, the company revealed Thursday.
C&A purchased the Ritz Camera family of brands, including Ritz Camera, Camera World, Wolf Camera, Inkley’s Photo and Camera West, during the September 2012 bankruptcy auction. The acquisition included the retail stores, supporting websites and social-media accounts, a specialty online imaging business and other technologies.
According to a statement on the move, the 18 brick-and-mortar stores to re-open will be staffed by the original store employees.
C&A said the stores and websites “will have fresh, current and comprehensive inventory, and will continue to offer the full range of quality imaging products and services that consumers have come to expect of the Ritz Camera brand.”
C&A said it also plans to grow the online imaging specialty business, RitzPix.com, which provides high-standard photography offerings including film processing, image restorations, premium gifts including custom book printing, and more at the retail locations and a full-service imaging lab.
“We chose these 18 stores to re-open because they are in key markets across the country that need a personal, knowledgeable photo specialty shop, which also serve as an integral part of their communities. Even though the photo industry continues to transform, we are dedicated to bringing a new, sustainable business model to the Ritz Camera stores and their customers,” stated Harry Klein, C&A Marketing president. “Our strategic investment focuses on integrating our online sites with our retail locations, and to offer a one-stop photography resource where customers can purchase premium products and popular imaging gifts ... all while working one-on-one with the local experts our customers have grown to know and respect. The Ritz Camera family of brands has long been synonymous with high quality customer service and we plan to uphold that proud tradition, while updating the retail mix to reflect current market dynamics.”
The Ritz stores slated to remain open include the following:
• Ritz Camera & Image, Annapolis Mall, Annapolis, Md.
• Ritz Camera & Image, Kenilworth Park Mall, Towson, Md.
• Ritz Camera & Image, Bethesda Row, Bethesda, Md.
• Ritz Camera & Image, Hilltop North Shopping Center, Virginia Beach, Va.
• Wolf Camera & Image, Birkdale Village, Huntersville, N.C.
• Wolf Camera, Piedmont Road, Atlanta
• Wolf Camera, 18th Street, Homewood, Ala.
• Wolf Camera & Image, Germantown Collections, Germantown, Tenn.
• Wolf Camera, Skokie Blvd., Northbrook, Ill.
• Wolf Camera & Image, Preston Highlands, Plano, Texas
• Wolf Camera & Image, Old Town Shopping Center, Dallas
• Wolf Camera & Image, Northwest Highway, Dallas
• Wolf Camera & Image, Alamo Quarry Market, San Antonio
• Inkley’s Camera & Image, State Street, Salt Lake City
• Ritz Camera and Image, Magnolia Ave., Riverside, Calif.
• Wolf Camera & Image, Courtyard Shopping Center, Pleasant Hill, Calif.
• Camera World, 6th Avenue, Portland, Ore.
• Cameras West, Ross Plaza, Bellevue, Wash.
C&A said it will continue the legacy customer loyalty programs (RitzPix Network and Frequent Foto) to reward customers for their loyalty and support during the past few years.
Customers will be able to take advantage of these legacy programs during the upcoming holiday season.
C&A has planned in-store celebrations for Sunday, Nov. 18. Activities will include a ribbon-cutting ceremony, refreshments, in-store photo opportunities, and doorbuster and night-owl promotions.
Interested parties should contact their local Ritz Camera store for full details, or click here for the store locator, the company said.
Ritz Camera and Image was founded by Benjamin Ritz in 1918. The company later acquired well-known photo retail brands Camera World, Wolf Camera, Inkley’s Photo, Camera West and other strong local brands.
C&A is a 20-year-old imaging industry veteran with experience both in wholesale distribution, sourcing and retail operations.
It is Polaroid Licensee for instant digital imaging products, security cameras, sports action cameras and accessories, C&A already plays a significant role in the resurgence of one iconic American imaging brand.
This TWICE webinar, hosted by senior editor Alan Wolf, will take a look at what may be the hottest CE products at retail that will be sold during the all-important fourth quarter. Top technologies, market strategies and industry trends will be discussed with industry analysts and executives.